Saturday, March 12, 2011



I decided to go with the blue background for these Baby Shower invitations instead of the pink shading. I will never again underestimate the value of good quality cotton. The cheap bobbin cotton was wrecking my cards. The stitching was loose. As soon as I upgraded to my good embroidery cotton, the stitching sat properly.

I had a bit of trouble with the double embossing technique, however after running 30 papers through the wizard I was not about to do them again. I realized in hindsight that next time I may have to try a bigger cut out for the cardboard tool.

See Beates tutorial for more information:-

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/doubleembossing/

Stamps: SU fun and fast notes, crafty secrets, papertreyink
Paper: SU whisper white & pretty in pink.
Ink: SU bashful blue, pretty in pink, pink pirouette, versamark fine onyx black.
Accessories: Silver embossing powder, nestabilities, SU ribbon, SU punch, SU embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment